The Classic Planning Academy provides introductory classes in Architectural Literacy and Classic Planning to open your eyes to reading the built environment without “expert help.”
It is a starting point for anyone seeking to understand genuine holistic urbanism—a method we have been using for 5,000 years—less the last 100.
Courses for you
1-HOUR INTRODUCTORY COURSes
Live and interactive introductory classes in Architectural Literacy and Classic Planning.
“A-LA-CARTE” CLASSES IN THE CLASSICAL ORDERS
For those wishing to acquire a deeper understanding and practical application of the classical orders of architecture.
CLASSIC PLANNING CERTIFICATIon
Individuals take the Certification to acquire the foundational training required to reclaim beauty in the built environment.
1 HOUR INTRODUCTORY COURSES
CLASSIC PLANNING CERTIFICATION
The Classic Planning Certification offers expert instruction in Architectural Literacy and Classic Planning—including a 100-Year-Plan Studio—through live zoom classroom instruction and instructor-led projects. The Certification environment and all aspects of the studio are accessible to anyone over age 12, yet the content is Graduate level.
1. Architectural Literacy
Instruction includes lectures on the classical orders, instructor lead drawing of the classical orders and practical application of learned techniques to projects.
- Basic & Architectural Geometry
- Doric (5 hours)
- Ionic (5 hours)
- Corinthian (5 hours)
- Proportions (5 hours)
- Elements (5 hours)
- Materials & Processes (5 hours)
- Composition (5 hours)
- Architectural Orthographics
- Small Project
- Medium Project
2. Classic Planning Basics
Classes in Classic Planning focus on the fundamentals of planning and building the city using classic methods to develop built environments best suited to people.
- How We Got Here
- Classic Planning Fundamentals
- Knowledge Bases
- Planning the City
- Building the City
3. 100-Year Plan Studio
The 100-Year Plan Studio is an opportunity to explore the creation of a holistic vision for a sustainable future centred on human and urban interaction with the environment.
- Genius loci, Resilience, Town and Country
- Roads, Armatures, Sea Level Rise)
- Sample Locations, Fabric, Architectural Precedents,
- Local urban design, Classic Plan Code
- Elective 1 – Consensus training
- Elective 2 – Landscape Architecture
- Elective 3 – Regional / Metropolitan Planning
- Final review and certificates
Semester Begins August 14, 2021
2 semesters, 30 Classes — $5,400
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE
“A-la-Carte” CLASSES IN THE CLASSICAL ORDERS
- Introduction to Doric Order – 20 September 2021
- Introduction to Ionic Order – 21 September 2021
- Introduction to Corinthian Order – 22 September 2021
- Introduction to Elements, Proportions, and Composition -23/24/26 September 2021
Each class is 5 hours, $150 per class
To make a payment or donation to the Classic Planning Institute, please request an invoice from us using the following link:
Thank You Very Much